Bike About Tour Melbourne
Biking in Melbourne is so hot right now, what with all the bike lanes, flat terrain and cycle paths. So join the cool kids on this Melbourne tour that gives the middle finger to big, old tour buses and embraces pedal power.
- Experience the iconic sights and character of Melbourne by bike, on the city’s safe, scenic bike paths
- Explore the hippest parts of Melbourne, including graffiti alleys and hipster bars, cafes, and shops
- Learn insightful tips from your local guide, including some of Melbourne’s best secrets
- Enjoy the impressive views of Melbourne, and stop to snap some photos along the way
Tour style:Cycling, Local Life & Culture, History & Heritage
Inclusions:Bike, lock, helmet, coffee and local English-speaking guide
Exclusions:Items of personal nature, and tips or gratuities for your guide
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:2.5 – 3 hours
- Meeting point:Boathouse Drive near Princes Bridge (directly across the river from Federation Square)
- Start time: 10.00 AM
- Finish point:Boathouse Drive near Princes Bridge (directly across the river from Federation Square)
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Additional information: Bring sunscreen and sunglasses, especially during the warmer months.
- Dress standard: Normal clothes with comfortable shoes for pedalling
- Child policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Language: English
Did you know that Melbourne has been voted one of the world’s most bike-friendly cities? You do now! And on this Melbourne bike tour, you’ll discover why. Cruise along the safe and scenic bike paths with a local guide, soak up the jaw dropping views of Melbourne and experience the lanes in the very heart of its hip, local neighbourhoods.
You’ll begin your Melbourne tour on the banks of the Yarra River, along which runs the Yarra bike trail. Here you’ll spot views of Melbourne’s most iconic landmarks, such as Melbourne Cricket Ground, Fitzroy Gardens, Victoria Parliament, and more. With your local guide to lead the way, you’ll get all the insider info on these famous Melbourne sights, and some insightful commentary plus local tips on the Melbourne neighbourhoods you pass through.
As you continue cycling in Melbourne, your local guide will reveal to you the hidden streets and help you to gain a real feel for the city and its character. You’ll see the famous features as well as the hidden gems, giving you everything you need to know about this fascinating Australian city. Your guide will also give you plenty of time to take photos, that will make the perfect souvenir for you to take home, to show (or brag about!) to friends and family.
This Melbourne bike tour uses unique ‘city’ bikes that are light, compact, and highly manoeuvrable. They are easy to use, fun to ride, and since Melbourne is rather flat, the tour and bikes are manageable for all rider levels and is appropriate for ages 10 and up.
This trip is offered on a “join-in” basis. Maximum group size is 12
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this trip.
Note: This tour is managed by Melbourne Urban Adventures