Brews, ANZAC, and Colonial Grit Brisbane Tour
Explore Brisbane’s laneway pubs and bars with a unique selection of boutique brews, mix in some historical and topical chat, and you’ve got a real urban adventure! We’ll introduce a Brisbane tucked away in city side streets and back courtyards, where ANZAC, WWII, and unmarked convict heritage abounds, with some of the best selection of beers to be found anywhere — where isn’t this sounding brilliant?
- Enjoy a historical narrative of Brisbane heritage from our convict roots on to MacArthur’s Southern Command HQ
- Learn about the city’s craft beer scene and the brewers who are revolutionising Australia’s beer market
- Discover a variety of inner city haunts with your masterful hosts (that’s us!), as the story of Brisbane unfolds
- Get an insider’s tour of the best of Brisbane’s laneways and CBD
Tour style:Local culture, Food and drink, Beer, Walking, History, Local neighbourhood, Activity
Inclusions:Local English-speaking guide, welcome brew at the meeting point, craft beer (or on occasion cider!) tastings as per weekly offerings, priority entry into all venues
Exclusions:Tour end food and beverages (available for purchase), hotel pick-up and drop-off
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:2.5 hours
- Meeting point:King George Square opposite Brisbane City Hall, under the TV screen.
- Start time: 6.00 PM
- Finish point:Brisbane CBD
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Dress standard: Smart casual and comfortable
- Child policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Language: English
Our laneway adventure takes you on a walking tour with a professional local guide who’s an expert in beer and conversation. We’ll kick things off with a complimentary welcome brew before setting off to uncover the city’s hidden heritage sites. Come tour’s end, you’ll get the chance to sample a host of craft beer labels hard to find anywhere else.
You’ll discover the hidden and major sites and historical events that have shaped Brisbane, including those covering the 100th anniversary of ANZAC, WWII, as well as some convict heritage and figures such as the infamous Captain Logan and General MacArthur. Think epic stories of brawls, murders, incarcerations, and more.
Along the way, you’ll visit some of the best bars and laneway watering holes in Brisbane because, after all, history is better with beer, right? Your guide, a savvy sophisticated steward with a liver of steel, will introduce you to some of Australia’s leading craft beers that are revolutionising the market — all while exploring a new and vibrant Brisbane amidst historical laneways through the CBD.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Note: This tour is managed by Brisbane Urban Adventures