Cairns All Encompassed Far North Queensland
Fall in love with Cairns by spending a full day and night on a group date with the Urban Adventures gang. Be swept off your feet by incredible views, get hot and steamy on a hike, and spend a dreamy night getting massaged and eating tapas on this Cairns tour.
- Hike to the top of magnificent Mt Whitfield and enjoy its spectacular views
- Explore the Botanical Gardens and learn about Aboriginal medicinal plants
- Devour a local favourite lunch and local cuisine like kangaroo and crocodile
- Enjoy another elevated view of Cairns with sunset from the top of the Dome
- Put your feet up and be pampered with a relaxing massage
- Sip drinks and nibble tapas at a local evening hotspot
Tour style:Local culture, Food and drink, Beer, Hiking, Nature, Walking, History, Local neighbourhood
Inclusions:Local English speaking guide, transportation on a local bus, Dome climb and admission, massage, native appetisers, tapas, bug repellent, one bottle of water.
Exclusions:Additional food and drinks, items of a personal nature, souvenirs, crepes, tips / gratuities for your guide.
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:11 hours
- Meeting point:Outside of Bellview Hotel, 85/87 The Esplanade, Cairns, QLD
- Start time: 10.30 AM
- Finish point:Bellview Hotel, 85/87 The Esplanade, Cairns, QLD
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Additional information: If it is a scorcher of a day, we will take our guests for a walk around the Botanic Gardens instead of taking them up Mt Whitfield as the heat will be too overbearing. Don’t worry, the Gardens are stunning!
- Dress standard: Please wear comfortable footwear such as sneakers or runners (you’ll be hiking…please don’t wear flip flops!). Bring a hat and water in case it’s a hot day.
- Child policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Language: English
Despite its size, Cairns has so much to offer. From its incredible natural beauty to its fun nightlife, here’s a chance to see and do it all, with a local guide – which, as we all know, means you’ll get to see the very best of the best Cairns has to offer!
Your Cairns city tour kicks off with a ride on the local bus, as we head for the wondrous Botanical Gardens. We’ll take the Red Arrow Track and follow it for a 40-minute hike to the top of Mount Whitfield where you’ll be treated to some incredible views. Drink in the fantastic vistas of Trinity Inlet, the city of Cairns, and its beautiful surrounding natural environment and marina – something you’ll definitely want your camera for!
As we continue to tour Cairns, we’ll head towards the Aboriginal Plants and Gardens area along the Gondwanan Heritage Walk, where you’ll gain knowledge of the variety of medicinal plants used throughout history (and even today) all over Australia.
By this point on this Cairns tour, we bet you’ll be pretty hungry, so after a good stretch, it’ll be time for some lunch! We’ve got a picnic lunch planned, with locally caught fish and chips to indulge in. Tuck in and enjoy – you’ve earned it!
Full and happy, we jump back on the bus to go back downtown, where we’ll visit the iconic Dome for another elevated view of the city at sunset, kicking off the evening portion of our cultural tour of Cairns.
After the epic sunset, we head straight for the night markets. There’s so much to explore at the Cairns Night Markets, but we recommend starting off with a crepe (it goes really well with honey from the local honey shop across the way!). We’ll pay visits to several local artists, including Steve, a glass blower, and Glen, a didgeridoo player. You can see both of these artists in action, as well as many others.
From there, it’s time for a little relaxing – a pampering 40-minute massage awaits! Once you’re all relaxed, it’ll be time for a bite to eat. You’ll get to sample local cuisine like fish, beef, kangaroo, and crocodile – does it taste like chicken?! – before leaving the night markets and heading for the famous Esplanade.
Cairns is known for its ocean-front Esplanade, a picturesque boardwalk where we’ll give you some insight into the history of Cairns and share local stories before arriving at our last stop – one of a few of our favourite local hotspots. This final destination depends on opening hours, but there are a number of great local spots around here we can go to. If anything, we’re spoilt for choice!
We’ll spend the rest of the night mixing and mingling with locals, enjoying a cocktail, beer, or glass of wine, and nibbling on some tapas if you feel so inclined. Not a bad way to spend an evening in Cairns, don’t you think?
For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Note: This tour is managed by Cairns Urban Adventures