Cairns By Night Far North Queensland
A cool drink, a massage, kangaroo snacks, crocodile tapas, and hanging with local artisans – this Cairns tour nails the ‘relaxation after a day on the reef’ experience!
- Enjoy an incredible sunset and view from the top of Cairns
- Devour local cuisine appetisers like kangaroo, crocodile, beef, and fish
- Put your feet up and be pampered with a relaxing massage
- Stroll the famous and picturesque Esplanade boardwalk
- Sip drinks and nibble tapas at a local evening hotspot
Tour style:Local culture, Food and drink, Beer, Nature, Walking, History, Local neighbourhood
Inclusions:Local English speaking guide, Dome admission and climb, presentations, massage, bug repellent, tapas, native appetisers, one beverage at the bar, one bottle of water.
Exclusions:Additional food and drinks, items of a personal nature, souvenirs, crepes, tips / gratuities for your guide.
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:4 hours
- Meeting point:Ground Floor inside of Casino, Vertigo Bar, Wharf Street, Cairns 4868 QLD
- Start time: 5.00 PM
- Finish point:Outside of Bellview Hotel, 85/87 The Esplanade, Cairns, QLD 4870
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Dress standard: Please wear proper and comfortable footwear such as sneakers or runners.
- Child policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page. *Note that children under the age of 6 cannot do the Dome Climb and will need to be watched while the adult completes the climb. The Urban Adventures guide cannot be responsible for watching the child at this time.*
- Language: English
Travelling in Cairns is known for active days out on the water, but what to do in Cairns at night? We’ve got some ideas!
Start your Cairns night tour off right with a visit to the Dome for the best view in Cairns and an epic sunset to boot. Check out a wildlife presentation on the way down from the Dome before heading over to the night markets.
There’s so much to explore at the Cairns Night Markets, but we recommend starting off with a crepe (it goes really well with honey from the honey shop across the way!). We’ll pay visits to several local artists, including Steve, a glass blower, and Glen, a didgeridoo player. You can see both of these artists in action, as well as many others.
Next up on this Cairns tour, it’s time for a little relaxing, which can only mean one thing in Cairns – massage time! Once you’re all relaxed, it’ll be time for a bite to eat. You’ll get to sample local cuisines such as fish, beef, kangaroo, and crocodile – does it taste like chicken?! – before leaving the night markets and heading for the famous Esplanade.
Cairns is known for its ocean-front Esplanade, a picturesque boardwalk where we’ll give you some insight into the history of Cairns and share local stories before arriving at our last stop – one of a few of our favourite local hotspots to try some drinks and Cairns food. It depends on this evening as to which spots we’ll go to, but we’ll be spoilt for choice in this neighbourhood as there are so many favourites here!
We’ll spend the rest of the night mixing and mingling with locals, enjoying a cocktail, beer, or glass of wine, and nibbling on some tapas to finish off this Cairns food tour. Not a bad way to spend an evening in Cairns, don’t you think?
For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.