City Sights Kayak Tour Melbourne
Score the best view in town on this Melbourne tour that bypasses the pedestrian traffic. Take to the water and cruise at zero altitudes while admiring the sights of Melbourne – without having to side step people, cars and trams.
- Discover the sights and sound of Melbourne from a kayak on the Yarra River
- Explore the city from a unique perspective as you paddle with a local guide
- Glide by the iconic Flinders Station, Federation Square, MCG, and Eureka Tower
- Paddle to the Docklands in the west end of Melbourne
Tour style:Kayaking, experience local city life from a unique perspective
Inclusions:All paddling accessories, waterproof bags, and bottle of water
Exclusions:Tips or gratuities for your guide
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:1.5 hours
- Meeting point:Boathouse Drive near Princes Bridge (across the river from Federation Square)
- Start time: 2.00 PM
- Finish point:Boathouse Drive near Princes Bridge (across the river from Federation Square)
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Additional information: You should bring a sun hat, sunscreen and sunglasses especially during the warmer months.
- Dress standard: You can wear your normal clothes but you may want to bring a change of clothes if you are going out afterwards as you may get a little wet.
- Child policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Language: English
Also runs from 1 Jun 2016 to 31 Aug 2016, 1 Sep 2016 to 31 Dec 2016
‘Where we’re going, we don’t need roads…’
Okay, so we’re not flying off into the air in a DeLorean, Back to the Future style – instead, we’re taking to the water! Join an experienced local guide on this unique Melbourne city tour that shows you all those iconic Melbourne sights from the comfort of your very own kayak. If you’re looking for a Melbourne tour with a twist, you just found it.
After a quick briefing and paddling lesson, you’ll begin this Melbourne kayak tour by heading downriver under the Princes Bridge and into the heart of Melbourne. You’ll continue to glide along the Yarra, past Flinders Station and up to the legendary Polly Woodside Tallship, before entering the Docklands precinct and the beautiful Edge Marina. Here you’ll have a little break, where you can rest whilst your guide will fill you in on some local stories.
Next, you’ll journey onwards on this Melbourne tour back upstream past Crown Casino and the lively South Bank district. Along the way, you’ll soak up the views and discover the tales behind these famous Melbourne landmarks. The tour will finish up back at Boathouse Drive, where you’ll hop back on dry land.
This Melbourne tour is a good length for younger paddlers who can team up with Mum or Dad or one of our guides. No paddling experience is necessary for kayaking in Melbourne, as the waters are very gentle. Our experienced guides will be with you every step of the way, and there to help if you have any concerns. With a fleet of extremely stable Sea Bear sea kayaks, the experience will be even easier for first-time paddlers.
This trip is offered on a “join-in” basis. Maximum group size is 12
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this trip.
Note: This tour is managed by Melbourne Urban Adventures