Good Morning Cairns Far North Queensland
Experience one of Australia’s greatest contributions to the culinary world – the breakfast barbeque – on this early morning Cairns tour which also includes chocs and crocs (translation: chocolate tasting and crocodiles).
- Channel your inner Master Chef as you cook your own sunrise Aussie BBQ brekky
- Marvel at the spectacular (world’s largest!) stained glass windows
- Sample some divine chocolates at local legendary spot, Coffee Works
- Climb the Dome & experience a spectacular view of our tropical city
- Explore favourite local spots and see what it’s like to live in Cairns
Tour style:Local culture, Food and drink, Beer, Nature, Walking, History, Local neighbourhood
Inclusions:Local English speaking guide, breakfast BBQ, Dome admission and climb, crocodile presentation, coffee/tea/chocolate samples at Coffee Works, bug repellent, one bottle of water.
Exclusions:Additional activities at the Dome, additional food and drink, individual photo with a koala, items of a personal nature, tips / gratuities for your guide.
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:7 hours
- Meeting point:Outside of the Bellview Hotel, 85/87 The Esplanade, Cairns, QLD 4870
- Start time: 7.00 AM
- Finish point:Bellview Hotel.
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Dress standard: Please wear comfortable footwear such sneakers or runners. Bring your own hat, in case it’s a scorcher of a day.
- Child policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page. *Note that children under the age of 6 cannot do the Dome Climb and will need to be watched while the adult completes the climb. The Urban Adventures guide cannot be responsible for watching the child at this time.*
- Language: English
G’day from Cairns! Kick your food tour of Cairns off right with an authentic cook-your-own Aussie BBQ. Chow down on this local tradition while making friends with your tour mates and local guide, and discussing plans for the rest of the tour.
Once you’ve got your fill of tasty Cairns food, head over to a Cairns icon and home to the world’s largest stained glass windows. From there, we’ll head to another Cairns landmark – Coffee Works! Indulge in local coffee, tea, and chocolates (psst – we recommend the lime and cracked pepper or lemon myrtle!).
One of the best ways to get to know a city is to check it out from above, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do next on this Cairns tour. We’ll climb up the Dome, where we can point out key landmarks and historic areas around Cairns, and challenge you to find where you’re staying or where you’ve been already in the city. Feel free to yell out a “hello” or “Cairns Urban Adventures rocks!” if it strikes your fancy!
There are other activities available at the Dome, and while they’re not included in the tour price, there are some discounts available, which can be discussed with your guide. If you choose not to do any additional activities, there’s also a presentation on freshwater crocodiles, and the chance to take photos with a koala (every half hour, not included in tour price).
We’ll end the tour with a trip to a local markets, where you can sample some local produce, and pick something up to enjoy during the rest of your stay in Cairns. After you’ve taken in the tastes and sights on this Cairns food tour, we’ll drop you right back where you started, full of local experiences and ready to enjoy the rest of your travels in Cairns.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Note: This tour is managed by Cairns Urban Adventures