Kings Cross – Crime & Passion Sydney Walking Tour
Scratch the (dirty) underbelly of Sydney’s notorious red light district on this sin-drenched Sydney tour. Hear about the notorious figures and big-time pimps who made ‘the Cross’ what it is today: a gritty, urban hub of vices that come in many guises.
- Explore Sydney’s infamous Kings Cross district
- Visit the site of Sydney’s greatest unsolved mystery
- Immerse yourself in Sydney’s fascinating crime history
- Grab a drink at a local tavern and discuss the frivolous past of The Cross
- Be enthralled by tales of Sydney’s bohemian and deviant lifestyles
Tour style:History & Heritage, Local Life & Culture, True Crime, Walking & Orientation
Inclusions:Local English-speaking guide, drink at a centrally located Kings Cross bar
Exclusions:Items of a personal nature, tips or gratuities for guides, meals, bottled water
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:2 hours
- Meeting point:Under the Coke Sign, corner of William St & Darlinghurst Rd, Kings Cross NSW 2011
- Start time: 6.00 PM
- Finish point:At a centrally located Kings Cross Bar.
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Additional information: Under 18 years olds must be with a parent or guardian. Photo ID may be requested by your guide.
- Dress standard: Dress for the weather, bring a long a coat and umbrella if it looks like rain, wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.
- Child policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Language: English
Spend two hours immersed in the tumultuous history of Kings Cross, as we guide you through tales of fame and fortune, murder and drugs, and mysteries and romances on this Sydney tour with a twist!
You’ll visit a number of different spots important to the neighbourhood on this Sydney Kings Cross tour. Standing on the site of one of Sydney’s greatest unsolved mysteries, you’ll hear of the days of the infamous razor gang and sly grog, of the deviants and bohemians, and how the charismatic Cross came to be.
Traditionally home to Sydney’s artistic and bohemian lifestyles, The Cross began its life as the centre of sophisticated society before transforming through its host of passionate and deviant lifestyles. Now, Kings Cross is a lively, vibrant, and sometimes controversial Sydney hotspot not to be missed. During this Sydney night tour, we’ll grab a drink at a Kings Cross Bar and settle in for some more enthralling tales.
This walking tour of Sydney’s richest social and cultural area is engaging and informative, and those interested in crime and mystery will be thoroughly fascinated by the culture and history of The Cross.
For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Note: This tour is managed by Sydney Urban Adventures