Moonlight Kayak Tour Melbourne
See Melbourne’s nightlife from a safe distance while paddling a kayak past bars and under bridges. Stop for a unique ‘on water’ dinner before powering on like a pro. This Melbourne tour is the perfect combo of action and indulgence.
- Discover Melbourne from a unique perspective, by kayak at night
- Enjoy a special ‘on water’ dining experience
- Glide by numerous iconic Melbourne landmarks with a local guide
- Soak up the stunning views of Melbourne by night
- Enjoy the night time atmosphere of Melbourne’s bar and restaurant precinct
Tour style:Kayaking, Local Life & Culture
Inclusions:All paddling accessories, waterproof bags, fish-n-chip dinner, and a bottle of water.
Exclusions:Items of a personal nature, tips & gratuities for your guide.
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration:2.5 – 3 hours
- Meeting point:Community Hub at The Dock’ 912 Collins St, Docklands, At the end of Collins Street in Docklands, next door to The Dock libraryImportant note: The start time of this adventure varies depending on the time of the year. Please see below
- 6:45pm January 1st , 2016 – April 2nd 2016
- 5:00pm April 3rd 2016 – October 1st 2016
- 6:45pm October 2nd 2016 – April 1st 2017
- Start time: 6.45 PM
- Finish point:Boathouse Rd near Princess Bridge (across the river from Federation Square).
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the kayaking tour in Melbourne.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Additional information: The start time of this adventure varies depending on the time of the year. Please see below 6:45pm January 1st 2015 – April 4th 2015 5:00pm April 5th 2015 – October 3rd 2015 6:45pm October 4th 2015 – April 2nd 2016
- Dress standard: You can wear your normal street clothes but you may want to bring a change of clothes if you are going out afterwards as you may get a little wet.
- Child policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Language: English
Also runs from:1 Jun 2016 to 31 Aug 2016, 1 Sep 2016 to 31 Dec 2016
If kayaking in Melbourne wasn’t a unique enough experience for you, why not kayak in Melbourne by moonlight? This Melbourne kayak tour is certainly not one to be missed, as it’s a way to not only get a feel of Melbourne but also discover the city from a perspective that so few get to experience.
Your Melbourne kayak tour will start in Victoria Harbour, which is located in the Docklands. After a quick but thorough safety brief that will introduce you to a few paddle techniques, you’ll take to the water and explore the Docklands. This will give you a chance to get acquainted and comfortable with your kayak, and learn a little about this area of Melbourne, too.
Next up it’s time for a bit of dinner, and instead of getting out of your kayak to find food, the food will be bought to you! You’ll enjoy an ‘on water’ dining experience by tucking into some fish and chips right from the comfort of your kayak. As if this tour couldn’t get more unique!
After your meal you’ll continue onwards on this Melbourne night tour upstream, under the iconic Bolte Bridge and through to Melbourne’s downtown. Kayak past swanky Crown Casino and alongside stylish Southbank. Paddle by the legendary Flinders Street Railway Station and beneath Princes Bridge before arriving at the approach to Melbourne’s enormous sporting precinct. This Melbourne tour will show you all these infamous Melbourne landmarks from your kayak, creating a magical evening you won’t be forgetting in a hurry.
Your Melbourne kayak tour will end at the boat landing area in Southgate, right in the heart of Melbourne and directly across from Federation Square. Here your local guide will be able to give you a few tips on where to continue your evening in Melbourne, or can help you arrange transport back to your accommodation.
Melbourne’s Yarra River is an excellent location for novice paddlers to experience kayaking for the first time. No kayaking experience is needed to enjoy the tour; our patient guides will be with you every step of the way. Our Melbourne tour takes place with a new fleet of extremely stable Sea Bear sea kayaks, making the experience even easier for first-time paddlers.
This kayaking tour in Melbourne is offered on a “join-in” basis. Maximum group size is 12.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Note: This tour is managed by Melbourne Urban Adventures