Sydney Express-Orientation Tour
New to Sydney? Tap into local culture with a local on your side! Gain an understanding of the general layout of the city in relation to its most famous attractions and a brief refresher course on Sydney’s history.
Join us for a casual meet-up and mini-tour of the city’s working harbour – the most beautiful harbour in the world – and the Rocks. Hang out with a local who can tell you what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Sydney. And of course, take the opportunity to ask all the questions necessary.
Join us for a casual meet-up starting at Circular Quay. From there, we’ll take a short wander around the area of the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Photographic viewing platform and Sydney’s Rocks, famous among locals for its mix of towering skyscrapers and old architecture. Plenty of opportunities to take and share photos.
Finally, we’ll visit a local pub that’s popular for its large craft beer selection, Australian ciders and local wines (they also serve coffee and non-alcoholic beverages) and rooftop views over Sydney Harbour. We’ll settle in for a drink if you like and you’ll be free to chat with new friends, make some plans together for later on and ask any questions you like from our knowledgeable Sydney expert.
Think of it as a tour and a meet up with a local travel agent all rolled into one — get the tips you need to know from those who are in-the-know, then kick back and relax with some new friends in the Emerald City. There’s no better way to get to know your bearings around Sydney.
- Chat with a Sydney-based local expert who can help you plan your best stay while you’re in the Emerald City and feel like a local
- Learn all the secret local tips you won’t find in most guidebooks, only found by talking with a local
- Take a mini tour of Sydney’s working harbour and explore a bit of the Rocks where it all started
- Discover a photographic platform to record your visit to this amazing city
- Photographers delight, perfect for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Flickr and all social media fans
- Kick back at a funky rooftop bar in a great neighborhood
Price: 1-2 people $178
1-4 people $300
1-6 people $375
- Location: Sydney Customs House. The Customs House is a historic Sydney landmark located in the city’s Circular Quay area. Address: 31 Alfred St, Sydney NSW 2000. Our guide will be standing at the steps.
- Departure time: This orientation tour can depart at three different times. Please state your starting time preference upon booking.
– Starting time: 1.00 pm OR 3.30 pm OR 5.30 pm
- Duration: 2 hours (Allow 1/2 hour for drinks at the conclusion of your tour)
- Walking pace: Easy
- Ending point: Local bar in the Rocks Sydney
What is included: Local English-speaking expert to answer all your questions, coffee or a soft drink
What isn’t included: Transportation to and from the meet-up point. Additional food and drink, items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities for your guide.
Notes & Clarifications
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
Weather: In the event of potential inclement weather, the threat of weather or natural disasters, on the day of a scheduled tour, the tour will be canceled or postponed and you will be fully refunded.
Dress Code: Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring your camera! And an umbrella just in case!
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many world destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Office phone number: +61406671948
Email address: email@example.com